Thursday 21 March 2013

Part 5: Research - Posters -part 2


I have already mentioned that I love work of Milton Glasser who is one of the most influential designers. I love the way he thinks about things in life, and how he can convey message in such intelligent way. This poster is not exception and I like how he naturally created bond between music and drawing.




Those posters above are of the same series. I like it for their contrasts, simplicity and intelligent word play which is typical for Milton Glasser.


Another Glasser's word play that showing art as hat which symbolically means that art is protection. I like the whole concept with shadow effect and contrast created by light violet and dark shades.


Another great designer Paul Davis created poster for SVA portraying imagination in well recognizable way, by creating this collage-made artwork. He gathered and combined different pieces to create this face with hands with a clear message that this is a product of creativity and imagination.


Davis also created this interesting poster where he made a palette of some of  the most influental figures in art. 


Like Glasser's posters above, this Davis's artwork is based on a word play and unique design.



Stephen Kroninger is regarded as a pioneer of collage renaissance which is understandable if we look at his work. The illustrations of this award winning multitalented artist apperaed in almost all major publications across the America. This is a poster in a form of a collage for School of Visual Arts (SVA). It reminds me of Dadaism and Hannah Hoch. It looks like a very well organized chaos with numerous elements that are harmonically connected.


Through this poster Kroninger expressed his feelings and political opinions. I like the artwork whose purpose is to raise awareness and not only to look interesting. Using cuttings as typographical elements with hierarchy he created visual dynamic that draws attention.


This poster is created by Stefan Sagmeister, one of my favorite designer. This is his recognizable style, I knew it was his poster from the moment I saw it. I like those letters which look like they are made of  real branches and I like what is written.


This poster made by James McMullan portrays the working man and tower of cards which implicates that art is never just a pure tallent; there are hard work and skills behnd that. I think this is important message that many people are not aware of.

Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment