Monday 6 February 2012

Part 1: Creating postcards - Working process

Since the first assignment was to create postcards that say something about who I am, I decided to put on paper the things that move me. So I could say about myself that I am someone who enjoys art, nature,  photography, literature, rock'n'roll  and driving cars.









After making some drawings and sketches, I decided to play with Adobe Photoshop. I have some experience with this software but I haven't elaborated it as much as I should have done, but let's say that I can handle some basic stuff.

This is an example where I was playing using various brushes which I mainly found on the internet. I combined different kinds of splatters and splashes with some retro stripes in order to get some interesting grunge background. After finishing this black and white background I decided to put a colorful  electric guitar (like those which was played back in 1980'). So this could present my love for wild '80. But in the end I wasn't so satisfied with result so I left it.

No comments:

Post a Comment