Tuesday 7 February 2012

Part 1: Inspiring artist - Irina Vinnik

When I was searching internet I came across Irina Vinnik, Russian designer from Saint Petersburg and her stunning artwork. I was amazed with her drawings, sketches, and illustration. 

Here is link where you can see her sketchbook and other artwork, I am going to show you just a few of them. When we look at all those asymmetrical shapes, curvlined forms and ornaments, it is clearly that she found inspiration in Art Nouveau. I must say that I am especially fascinated when some artist can create such richness, energy and dynamic using only black and white, ink and its shades. That is why I have so much respect for pencil and ink drawing, I think it is harder to accomplish that without colors.








No comments:

Post a Comment