Tuesday 7 February 2012

ASSIGNMENT 1: Introducing yourself - Final work

Final work - Storm

As I worked further I still experimented with different brushes. The more I searched the more I enjoyed to play around with them.  This came out as a result of experiment. I found some great nature brushes and I combined them with some others that I previously applied on background. I like the effect I gained. It makes paper look a little old and splattered and at the same it gives an impression of stormy weather. It reminds me of watercolor paintings.





Final work - Papyrus and pen

Again I combined brushes and various effects to create this golden purple background.  I wanted to portray my affection for old books and writing. I like traditional old libraries, I was always wanting to have one room only for that purpose, with dark wooden shelves, old books and big old wooden desk. I added this photo of me by the sea shore. First I put black and white photo but I chose this one in colors because it gives nice contrast and shatters this earth tones around.

I found this papyrus vector on the internet and changed some details in Illustrator. I did pretty much  the same thing for pen vector, and I changed its perspective in order to get impression that pen is lying on the table. Then I created this polaroid photo and ink splatters. I used the verse of Rolling Stone song "Sympathy for the devil".






Final work - Polaroids on the wall

I had an idea to present a one piece of the wall or a cork board. This is a place where I often keep some precious stuffs like pictures, concert ticket, some notes that brings back good memories, etc.  I decided to present a wooden wall with polaroid photos stuck to it and a note on torn piece of paper. I used for a note a verse of one of my favorite blues song "As the years go passing by". Except this wooden background that I found on the internet, everything else I created myself in Photoshop.






Final work - Badlands

This postcard was the most demanding task for me. I wanted to picture something I have always dreamed of. I put together things I love the most like joyful ride, nature, good music, sense of freedom. It was inspired by movie Thelma & Louise and its soundtrack. I created background using various brushes and textures. Then I made car illustration using live trace in Illustrator and filters and effects in Photoshop. I must say that I had some difficulties with this illustration because I am not so experienced user. I added guitar and the hat on the backseat of the car.




No comments:

Post a Comment