Tuesday 7 February 2012

Part 1: Exhibition 1 - "Urban London Poetry" by Dana Maar


Unfortunately in this period of time, I wasn’t able to visit exhibitions as much as I wanted, but I chose a few of them which I found quite interesting. 

First among them was “Urban London Poetry” by Danica Marinkovic aka Dana Maar. She is young artist, who studied graphic design in Paris and London. This exhibition was inspired by London urban culture and its street life. She mostly made collages which were inspired by grunge, rebel style and pop art. She combined various motifs such as fashion, rock’n roll, drawings, graffiti, elements of pop art and newspaper headlines. I like the richness she accomplished by combining all these various elements and I also like combining different kind of media.






No comments:

Post a Comment