Monday 6 February 2012

Part 1: Creating postcards - Inspiring examples


I decided to get know with a brief history of postcards back in the 19th century when they printed an image with a little bit of space around it so it cold be written a few words. It was all on a front page, back of the postcard was empty. I did a similar thing on my postcards because I love to have some text alongside the rest of composition. I searched the internet in order to find some inspirational artwork and I chose several examples which are very visually appealing to me.

The reason I have chosen this postcard (invitation )was that clean and simple design inspired by Bauhaus. It has white background with pink horizontal and vertical lines. We have beautiful sans- serif font in gray and pink color, alongside with pink margins that makes this design look simple yet effective. This is an example of stunning clean design without any unnecessary details. I especially like these extensions on letter “K” and ” F”.


I have always loved this kind of design where you have scattered elements, a little bit of your personal mess that says something about you. Here are the newspaper and several thrown photos on it that show couple walking with suitcases and a message “Save the date”. The only things that bothers me here are shadows which are in my opinion darker than it should be.


 I like this postcard because it reminds me of  some naive painter’s artwork. It all looks fresh and bright and colorful. I like the fact that this illustration has many details which are very well integrated and I like the way artist used the contrasting colors. It all makes it looks like a one good unity. 



 
Another simple design that looks fantastic to me. White background, beautiful elegant font in neural golden shade, and this distinctive shades of pink on teapot and number six.  Excellent combination of colors creates very good contrast and make whole design pop out. It all looks very sophisticated. This is another example of simple yet effective work.

No comments:

Post a Comment