Tuesday 7 February 2012

Part 1: Exhibition 2 - "Personal Mythology" by Stojan Milanov


This is another great exhibition I went to. It is called "Personal Mythology" and it is created by artist Stojan Milanov who is well know mainly in painting portraits. Although he establish himself as an artist with pencil drawing, he later engaged himself in painting. Here are a few artwork from his last exhibition which are made on canvas with oil.


This artwork is definitively one of my favorite, it caught my eyes from the moment I walked into gallery. It is called "Moonlight's daughter" and it shows young woman smoking and standing alone in the night with thoughtful expression on her face. I like the attitude she shows, while she enjoys in solitude and peaceful evening. I would like to have it on my wall.


On the image above artist pictured dark ally between old houses where one of the walls is lighted. Woman is walking toward the man who is standing on the corner in front of lighted wall. I like the way he made combination of darkness and lightness. This bright wall stands out and shatters the darkness of the image which creates very good contrast but artist still kept overall dark atmosphere.


This picture is called "Train platform without number" and shows two beautiful young women in sumptuous dresses on the train platform while train is arriving. I like the way he portrays human figures and how he catches face expressions.



On this last selected work of art called "Sisters", painter portrayed two young women sitting on the bench and posing for picture. He again very well portrayed human figures using distinctive colors that put them in forefront and make them stand out on background.

No comments:

Post a Comment